PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX Resignations - pt 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2011, 01:15
penetrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stiff

Once again I believe you are trying to read more into things or are making excuses for their actions . All I have done is put some issues out in the air that are going on, these maybe factors in what help some people make their decision about resigning or why they are contemplating throwing in the towel & heading to other carriers. I have phoned the person that had the questionable roster today to confirm facts, 14reserves/19days possible flying, 1 course, not soc'd, no annual leave, no trng reserve. So I do apologise to you & to fellow ppruners for exaggerating. I asked if I could have a copy but this request was respectfully declined for his/her personal reasons (convenient I know;-) ).

Stop making excuses for the action of crewing, if they are new then they would of had training which should of covered this, if they are not sure they should seek help before issuing stand over tactics I will not fall for it but some may & this is not right on crewings behalf, they would probably get a better response from people if these tactics were not employed & a nice request to the person be asked.

Jibba totally agree with what you have said in your last post & believe that is what I was getting at.

FMC thanks for chipping in with some support of the crap rostering practices word has some people in Adelaide base have had blocks of 5 days in a row reserve, not much of a lifestyle with that going on.

Stiff
I ask of you, with all of your wisdom, what is a fair amount to be rostered on reserve? With this amount of reserves being rostered Rex must have a surplus of crew! We all know this is definately not the case. Or are some people flying their arses off while others wait for the phone to ring.
Once again I will say no services have been cut! So why so many people on so many reserves? We can clearly see that normal services are not being covered! I thought that the basic idea of reserve was to cover unscheduled leave, additional flights, charters, people SOC'D & so on. I say the way of rostering being employed is to allow the greatest amount of flexibility in swapping people around on a day to day basis so that the 14 day period your talking about in an earlier post does now not apply. This then leaves the people with this crap, unable to have any family or social life. Is this going to make want crews to stay in the company? I think NOT & thats what this thread is about resignations these rostering practices will help this process along.