PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2011, 00:38
Organfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, airtren. Though it's obvious that I cannot fly (with or without an airplane), I assume that I'm getting a bit of respect here because I can think clearly and can easily understand the issues raised. /ego trumpeting

Just for the record, your honours, I didn't accuse Doozy of sending me the creepy PMs, nor would I, chiefly because they were from a different registered member here, who, oddly, has never seen fit to post in these AF threads, that I can remember.

Anywho, back to one of the matters at hand. DW, you posted, among millions of other things,

More than 30 UAS incidents in the A330/340 passed without incident. If not being able to see/feel the other pilot's sidestick was a safety concern, more of them would have crashed.
At least two aircraft equipped with interconnected yokes had a similar LOC/stall/crash event, one of which shows evidence that the F/O didn't like what the Captain was doing and did not overrule him.
The sidestick design was approved by one of the most respected test pilots and safety gurus of his day.
With all due respect, you're still missing the fine distinction that is being made here. These "fine gurus" forgot to anticipate one big possibility, namely, the eventuality that the PF might not know what the hell he's doing.
That may be the difference in why those 37 other UAS ABs did not crash.

Those of us who harp on this are not trying to destroy Airbus; it is rather an intellectual curiosity that wishes to understand ALL of the "whys" involved, not just one big, simple black-and-white picture.

I had better subside before I write myself into a "deep stall."