PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - a new badge to wear
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2011, 00:18
SlimLonggood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The darker side to this story

Excellent thread, and what a great windup.
But to get back to the start of this thread, I believe it began with this sudden onset of printer cartridges made into bombs, if I am not mistaken.
As I saw this unfolding in the news, I could not help wonder about the stories of bombs in aircraft coming out so fast after the British and several other European Foreign Ministers stating shortly before a big security conference in Frankfurt, that all this stupidity in security with liquids banned and shoes off and so on had to stop and that we had to get real about things.
Needless to say, nothing came of it as the world once again entered into spasms and cries for more "security"
I am afraid there is a powerful mafia of providers of "security" and we are unable to do anything about it.
I continue to have to smuggle my leatherman in, only to get into my van jampacked full of dangerous pointy and sharp ended thingies, which I am free to use at my own discretion.
And while we´re at it, last time I was working in Tel Aviv airport, the routine was and still is, to drive through the gate and sometimes a student like girlie thing would come out to say hi and wave us through.