PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2011, 22:29
airtren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DozyWannabe;Post=135

And airtren, could you be more specific with the "manufacturer problems", because outside of the pitot tubes, I don't see any.
I will gladly answer....

But, you have some questions or invitations to answer in your input queue, from my posts, which you have not answered yet.

Please process that, before I add another post of mine to that queue.

Originally Posted by DozyWannabe;Post=143
... and I'm not saying the software or design is perfect.
Text marked in bold indicate a contradiction from one post to another…. so which one is be taken as TRUE?

Originally Posted by DozyWannabe;Post=143
I get annoyed with the yoke/sidestick argument because it is a *distraction* - there is no quantitative evidence to suggest it would have made a difference, and what we have is a few posters (not all of whom are pilots) with an axe to grind trying to make the argument all about them and their prejudice.
You’ve skipped a direct invitation of answering on “the lack in the cockpit of visual contact with the SS, or the actions on SS”, which may have helped you get out of the monotony of your “yoke/ss argument” annoyance.

But maybe that annoyance is welcome, as it is the feed to posting the obsessive instance of one of the "anti-Airbus brigade", or "axe to grind.. with Airbus", or something to that effect....

Originally Posted by DozyWannabe;Post=146
As for wanting aircraft to be foolproof, they've come a long way over the last 50 years and it has proved to be a mixed blessing in a few ways, because as aircraft have become more reliable, a serious systems failure can become more of a psychological shock to the pilot when it does occur. …. This is why I'm inclined to focus on improvements in training, because ultimately even with improvements in automation and technical reliability the pilot is the last link in the chain and must be prepared.
Any system failure or system weakness exposed by an accident, which otherwise would not be known, MUST continue to be the focus of fixing, or being eliminated, as to bring that airplane back in line with its expected safety standard behavior before this exposure.

Last edited by airtren; 12th Nov 2011 at 23:24.