PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIRLINK @ O.R.Tambo
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2011, 21:43
Nirak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Nirak perhaps a look at the video on Avcom first would've been better. After the incident the Captain was modest, polite and only gave away his wings after the landing in the terminal building to a passenger who wanted a souvenir. There also seems to be a bar open for the passengers,......POST-FLIGHT in the terminal building."

Oompilot, maybe you should rather give this advice to the Beeld newspaper reporter.

The Beeld article also only reports about the alledged 'I am dead" comment made by the captain BEFORE the emergency landing. Hardly a statement that the passengers want to hear from the cockpit just before landing !!

If you read my reply more closely, you would also see that I congratulated the crew on landing the aircraft safely

I fully agree with ....cheetah, it is beyond my understanding that the passengers were interviewed by the Beeld newspaper in the airport pub and that the editor of Beeld newspaper allows this to be published. It shows how bad media standards has deteriorated.

"If the accident doesn't kill you, the sensation hungry, ignorant media probably will"

Nirak