PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 12th Nov 2011, 19:47
TTex600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dozy, if you feel the need to make a point, just please make it. No need to use one of my posts to advance your agenda. You, once again, answer questions I do not ask. You counter arguments I do not make. If you want to make a point just make it. No need to address it to me. I'm happy to defend what I think, but not what you think I was thinking. If you need clarification, I'll try and provide such.

With that, here's today's clarification.

Back to the topic, SLFinAZ mentioned that we have no indications that his displays were abnormal. I think that the PM's action to switch the PF's ATT HG and AIR DATA inputs to F/O3 is a plausible indication that the PM's screens were abnormal.

As far as your simulator experience, computer generated information doesn't much impress me if you haven't realized that already. I'd really rather look at a gyro than a EFIS, and a ASI than an EFIS, and a real peanut gyro than another computer generated mini EFIS. And, I'd rather go by my multi thousands of hours in an Airbus than by the Sim. It's just a computer after all.