PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CB / TS - during approch and landing
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2011, 17:04
Sciolistes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to put my hand up and plead ignorance here - how do you do that?
Cheers mate. So now I'll stick my head up. What I have seen is that convective cells paint a very distinctive picture with distinct edges and usually with clear and steep graduations from green to a red centre (usually offset). The cells can be conjoined but they are still clearly cells. Just rain from cu strat or what I presume are the remnants of CBs with no significant convection; this all looks like a nebulous mass with indistinct edges, sometimes green with indistinct splodges of yellow and red within or sometimes just a mass of nebulous red. For sure, you have to be careful using gain and tilt to ensure you are getting the fullest picture.

BOAC,
- but probably not - see previous post? People do forget. The Div fuel in the FMC is from DA at destination. Where you hold has little or no effect.
Point taken. All I can say is that I have unthinkingly come up with an divert time after reciting the prog and perf pages without thinking spatially. Likewise, I have picked the Capt up on it too. By extension I figured it is an easy and dumb mistake to make.