PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Force Structure
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2011, 14:52
Capt P U G Wash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to Thread?

Bismark, I think you’ll find you started it in Post #12…

I disagree with all your rebuttals, but let’s leave it at that and return to the thread….

Presumably the 1* Gp system is rusticating to make way for the MoD staffs under CAS to rusticate to HW next year.

The RAF Group system is a mirror to the RN and Army 2* Command structure and provides the 2* Operational Duty Holders under Haddon-Cave principles. I understand that they will not relocate or disband as a result of this move; I think CAS will fit quite easily into the CINC’s office without anyone else needing to move. The move of Group’s 1*s and support staff will cause some difficulties I suggest.

The RAF Group system is already farily lean, because it double hats Duty Holder responsibility with deployable Command (The RN require 2 with a seperate 2* COS Aviation and 2* COMUKMARFOR)

Questions for the RAF changes:

How much will this cost to create new office space on already full stations.

How will they work with the resident Gp Capt Station Commanders.

Where are all these 1*s coming from?

How does this sit with the principle of centralised control, decentralised execution and empowerment to the lowest levels?

How will AOCs function with less staff? They were already the minor element of Air Command with a relatively small staff (less than 15% of Air Command staff costs I think).

Answers on a postcard?