PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Random Questions
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2011, 11:06
john_tullamarine

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts
and watching the westbound jets pass below

Freighter so it was just the three of us plus eats ... 300 and going like the clappers. Without anything much to go on from your profile I'm presuming that you were a BNE wombat in days of yore ? If so then you know the general eastbound tale well.

Actually, the happy snaps interest was the QF 747 going to SYD. He steadily overtook us a few thousand feet above. Lovely sight contrailing for all he was worth and he filled the window rather beautifully .. probably still have a couple of pix somewhere in the filing cabinet.

It was the day for FAI record attempts. We did our bit rather normally, QF cheated a tad .. climbed out to sea .. then overflew PER at cruise ... We were given a fair bit of latitude re tracking by ATC and did our best to sit in the core until we were over towards ADL.

My go and I inadvertently misjudged the descent a tad .. over the runway intersection at a suitable (for the occasion) height and 300kt, close the throttles, pitch into a climbing turn to wash off speed and rolled out nicely to join downwind for 34. Absolute buzz.

The boys in the freight shed said it all looked rather fine .. or words to that effect.

Ripper trip.

... made a change from shuttling stuff to and from LST/HBA.