PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 12th Nov 2011, 09:36
mesh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cockpit web is good practice for the hand eye coordination x hairs. The numerapt is no use. As has been said earlier, group exercise, have something to say but not too much, tdodar all the way through and keep an eye on the time. Maths, all about speed and not panicking therefore practice basic times tables, %, ratios etc. English you can't realy practice for...basic rule if you can prove the question is yes or no from all you get then fine, otherwise...can't tell. I believe interview is the most important. I completely cocked up coordination, more misses than hits but still got through.

Interview, as posted earlier they want lots of different examples. I gave a lot non aviation but allways related to CRM and TDODAR. If you do lots of prep for this you will be fine, if you don't you will fail. I did 2-3 hours a day for two months and came out thinking it was hard. You may sound like a robot constantly dodaring but thats what they want and lets face it if you had more than 1 problem in the aircraft you would do this anyway.

I would also advise a lot of research into the company (and thats not just what aircraft they fly and how many they have), more of a where have they been as a business and where are they going from a marketing perspective, ops perspective etc. This does two things, tells them you are serious and have thought long and hard about this choice but also it helps to keep you motivated to do the rest of the revision when you see the amount they are involved with and where they are going.

Good luck