PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2011, 09:03
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Carthusian - leaving aside SS/yoke arguments, I see a matter of some concern in your understanding of instrument flying. You have no 'career' information in your profile, so I have to conclude you are inexperienced in Instrument flying.

There are two glaring inaccuracies in your recent posts that I do not wish other pilots to absorb:

1) Post #69 "Yes by looking at the instruments. An input produces a certain pattern on your instruments and you can understand what your aircraft is doing" It might not and you cannot always.The instrument reflects what the aircraft is doing after the input and that may well NOT be what you intended. See AF447?

2) Post #76 "Your artificial horizon will tell you if the plane isclimbing or banking" It will not. It will, of course, certainly tell you if your nose is high or low. Perhaps you do need to re-read the AF447 report? Then tell us what PNF's EADI showed in terms of 'climb'?

Lastly, I would point out that no-one knows what PF's instruments were displaying anyway? We are (naturally) assuming they were functioning correctly - and they probably were, but we do not know.