PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIRLINK @ O.R.Tambo
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2011, 04:54
Nirak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am glad I was not on that flight and has nothing to do with Airlink any more.

The captain's remark before landing and the giving away of his "wings" to a (drinking) passenger (as reported in "Beeld" newspaper this morning), is in my humble opinion, nothing but very unprofessional !

Did the crew join the passengers having 'a little drink' ? It appears that the onboard bar was opended by the crew while waiting for the emergency services to arrive !

C'mon guys and girls, you are constantly feeling that you are not being recognised as the esteemed professionals you claim to be, that SAA, Cathay and Emirates can not wait to be blessed by your presence and superior services.

With this type of unprofessional conduct, do you really expect people to think you deserve better ? Do you really expect a major carrier to employ you if a perfectly well executed emergency landing puts your company in such a bad light, purely by the remarks and conduct of the crew after the incident ? Grow up first !

(Not to take away any recognition to the crew landing it safely....)

Remember: If the emergency doesn't kill you, the sensation seeking, ignorant media most probably will (or the image of the company, your well paying job)

Nirak

Last edited by Nirak; 12th Nov 2011 at 06:43.