PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathy A330 Hover In Mid Air At Air Show
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2011, 03:46
grounded27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear gentlemen I am appalled, shocked, tired, depressed, angry, and above all I am surprised that nobody immediately convened a manifestation of indignation, led by Cathay management, against such childishness, superficiality, lack of professionalism, and the lack of respect of 'people's lives and properties, manifested by those my "colleague".
I am flying since almost fifty years ... (and I would do it for much longer despite the surrounding environment) and currently I’m teaching young people to get their wings.
I will not tell you how difficult it is to convince them that no matter how beautiful, the flight is a severe discipline (and episodes like that frustrate all my efforts).
We've all seen that those crazy maneuvers were conducted without adequate separation from the crowd, and, as the ceiling was well below the VFR minimum, at a terrifying low altitude, that the plane’s speed was very close to stall speed (but AIRBUS aircraft does not stall! !?!?), Sic!!!..., that if an engine failed the plane almost certainly would have screwed falling on the audience (but ‘Engines do not fail anymore!', and then what the meaning of: Vmcg, Vmca, V1, 2° nd Segment min grad , Max Perf. TOW, etc. is?)
I see many analogies between this and the inaugural flight of A320 in Mulhouse-Habsheim.
I hope this letter will inspire an outcry against this absurd event of unconsciousness, and that the name of the authors of the insane gesture is held up to public ridicule so they are no longer allowed to put at risk so many lives any more.
Yours
DOVES
Hey you speak of cost and life. Agreed the PIC and company if endorsed are idiots but hey, bring on the circus. Great show! What about old Tex Johnson, seems like there is similar influence here.