PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collision Avoidance System
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2011, 00:13
ScottyM45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Collision Avoidance System

Hello All,

Firstly, I am designing a wing collision avoidance system for my final year project at university. I have some help from a small aerospace design firm, however it is limited as it is such a small company they are always very busy. The system design for this stage for my project is going to be based on the config of a 737-700/-800, there is a single aircraft I have quite a lot of data for, however documents (IPC, AMM, SRM etc) can only do so much for me.

I have considered many systems and architectures with odd locations and many have been deemed unsuitable. I am currently looking at putting a device into the wing tip. Now here is my problem, I am struggling to find data, images and general space availability inside the wing/wing tip of a 737-700/-800, the layout of the lighting and equipment etc.

My search has lead me here, I was wondering if you ladies and gentlemen would be able to assist me in acquiring some more data on such a topic, in the form of images, documents, experience and knowledge etc.

Many Thanks to you all and any help is kindly appreciated,

Scott Moffat,
Royal Aeronautical Society Student Representative
Aerospace Systems Engineering Student (MEng)