PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA AND THE IMCR - NEWS
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2011, 22:33
Timothy

Sub Judice Angel Lovegod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whopity,

I think that your argument is entirely misguided. The authorities are finding a convenient way to package IMCR privileges into a constrained EASA world.

The IMCR will remain the IMCR in all but name.

As I understand it, all IMCRs, current or not, will be grandfathered. But any which way, the CAA has no history of applying a new FCL regime at zero notice. If they say that IMCRs have to valid on a certain day to be grandfathered, there will be enough notice for people to get renewed by that date.

What I find a bit sad about all this paranoia is that the CAA has never behaved as dishonourably as posters are suggesting. Essentially they support the IMCR, and are doing their best to retain it. EASA are co-operating in that venture. Why do we have this constant background noise of "they must be out to cheat us"?

The officials in the CAA are probably reading this thread. They are real people, with homes and families, trying to do their jobs in our best interests despite EASA pressure. Demonising them like this must be making them wonder why they bother.