PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 11th Nov 2011, 21:44
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLF

1. Pilot initiated roll left, and Nose up. There's PITCH. Don't confuse aft stick with anything but an adjustment in PITCH. You know different? Better? Some wags puffed..."Sit on yer hands". Wrong, she needed handling. So far, then, PF has addressed PITCH. There was discussion here by A330 pilots that 5 degrees might have been appropriate, she'd be climbing with that, so why does climb convey a problem to PNF?

2. POWER? The belief is N1 was set at 85%. Evidently, it satisfied the PF.
She had been cruising at .8M, why change? He then neglected to move the levers, why?

3. Captain D left the RHS in command, "He's taking my place"......

Admiralty Law? Splendid.

Mostly, Sir, I take exception to your "closed book" attitude.

BEA have not made conclusions. Every syllable of your post is conjecture. Well founded? I'll grant you that it is.

When Captain returned, he was not treated to STALL WARN, the two pilots were at odds, and he had trouble assessing the situation, apparently. RHS had no restraints latched; it is not impossible the PF was prepping for an egress from the cockpit after water "landing". LHS had lap only, perhaps he too, was starting to prepare for exit. If the Ocean was visible, the attitude and airspeed would not have been remarkably different from a vanilla short final. Nose up, velocity ~ 150 mph, etc. The sink would have stopped a faint heart, but...........

CPL, retired.

Last edited by Lyman; 11th Nov 2011 at 21:56.