PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2002, 05:15
gulliBell

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with Yarba's comments, 99% (I thought the training section was at least quite satisfactory). They asked me to extend my first tour the day I arrived but I didn't even last there for one tour. The accommodation is *****, no question about it. The a/c in my room had 2 positions, hot and hotter, or rather noise and noisier. But the shower had only one position, just off. And as for those little black ants that swarm through your room, they are immune to every nerve agent known to man!! The admini-gestapo-guru's are mostly curry munchers hell bent on giving you a hard time, or trying to fine you, or blaming you for one of their cock-ups. Regarding the pay, I've heard that a co-pilot at Aramco in Saudi probably earns twice as much as an ADA Captain, but having said that, lifestyle must be factored into the equation (at least you can have a drink after work in the UAE). The maintenance facilities are first class, no question about that. If you decide to go and you don't like it, join the club. If you do like it, then make the most of it and enjoy your time there!!