PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2011, 16:05
aroumika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@rahulred5
true, jet does have ATR's, but only 20 of them, of which all the first officer vacancies have been filled up, right now the jet process aims at filling up vacancies for 25 738 orders - 19 for jet and 6 for lite
my point is, as far as the word going around about pilots being accepted from other carriers like paramount, mdlr, 360, ai and possibly kingfisher, it just doesn't seem to add up for the following reasons:
1) paramount and mdlr shut shop a while ago, wouldn't their pilots already be hired somewhere else already, if not why are their pilots being hired now? in any case, paramount had a fleet of only 6, and mdlr had even less - 3! both companies had a non-boeing fleet (paramount - embraers and mdlr - avros). 360, even though still operational, has an even smaller fleet - 2 ATR's (again non-boeing). two questions here - how many first officers could these companies possibly have? very few! even if jet may hire them, they would have to go through a tough selection process, not all would be gladly welcomed! second question - would these pilots, already type-rated on non-boeing aircraft take the trouble of shelling out an extra 20 lacs to be type rated for the remaining vacancies at jet? highly unlikely! clearly this is nothing to worry about, which brings me to my 2nd point.
2) pilots of the other 2 carriers, ai and kingfisher, already being type rated on the 320, would logically try and look towards indigo, the only other airline hiring with an airbus fleet, and expanding at a faster rate than jet might i add. i'd obviously feel more threatened if i was a candidate trying for indigo rather than jet.

hope my points make sense