PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hero pilot Richard de Crespigny takes sides with Qantas in IR war
Old 11th Nov 2011, 11:27
holdingpointA1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a joke? Are grown men who have put so much effort into their career so set in their ways that they will happily carry on like high school girls and rubbish anyone who doesn't believe in the same thing as them? I'm at the start of my airline career and started flying with the hopes to finally get into the cockpit of the red rat, now i see those who I wanted to be like carry on like this, honestly publicly saying that someone who agrees with the company over AIPA on this issue that he will be signing his name in blood and we will alienate him etc, i thought we lived in a civil society??
I know he spoke out against the rally etc etc, but theres got to be a line, obviously theres two sides to the story. I know i'm about to get hammered over this post because im going to whinge about the current situation. But honestly both sides have legitimate claims for the future, but is constantly making obscene comments about you're employer really going to make a difference? Or will it just cause a divided community in the workplace not between union members and management, but pilots, engineers and ground staff themselves as some are against the management, some don't care and some agree? Now come from a ground crew back ground and on speaking a lot people on ground I know for a fact that A LOT are not in favour of the action of the IR. So either way is continuing with the public display from both sides even going to cause a positive outcome? or will it internally destroy QF period. Leaving offshoring and down sizing an easy source for current management (or their replacements) - either way Australian business will offshore certain tangible aspects to be competitive. Whether the australian staff stay or go will be up to them.

Now let the barrage of insults begin... A pint to the most creative.