PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Engineers need to sign
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2011, 23:58
grounded27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beeline

Why don't we earn the way we did. The answer is in this thread, no solidarity, im worth more than you etc. If we stuck together like pilots we would be taken more seriously, better T&Cs etc.

Extremely unprofessional chaps.
I agree with you and there is no way to have a strong contract w/o solidarity. In fact if we had true solidarity we would be able to write our own paycheck. I am just saying that a simple but valuable factor that does raise the level of pride among a group would be a title, one known and respected. Question, simply by public perception would the masseses ecpect a mechanic to earn more than an engineer? Thought not.

Pilots as we know, not to belittle are simple people who learn a technique and learn how to follow procedures, after some experience are allowed to use a little bit of common sence (a Captain). Yet they have promoted themselves over the years to the fine position they hold, first in title and pride (the glory days). Then through public perception solidarity as grown from what was said above and safety/reliability. Good for them. The negitive "I'm just a greese monkey" attitude is dragging us all down.