PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew
Thread: BA Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2011, 19:03
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last two posts of experienced rudeness are in my opinion not the fault of the crew but of BA and your fellow passengers. You can't have the cereal and the fruit salad because BA load enough breakfasts for one each, with maybe some extras, and on a trip to Jersey you couldn't have extra diet coke (yuck) because BA return cater the trip and there may not be enough for the return.

Now what should each Cabin Crew member do? Well really they should serve you what you ask for and deal with the potential problems later as professionally as possible, the trouble is these days people don't react well.

As ex BA crew I always recount the time in J during that god awful breakfast service that we ran out of the rancid Bacon rolls the pax in suits were always so fond of (personally I cant keep anything down at 4am), before landing. Now I like my Bacon but I don't think I've ever called anyone a self pleasuring son of a lady dog because I couldn't get one. However that day someone decided to call me such because quite clearly I wasn't "f****g sorry".

Now this was my one and only snapping point at BA but thankfully i went to the flight deck and snapped there (I asked the Captain if he would mind me swearing out the window at nothing in particular first). In with hate out with love and galley's aren't sound proof as I was taught.

This was one of many similar occurrences, and for some reason I went back for more, doing my best for each passenger that came along and trying to solve problems where company policy lead to a deficiency.

I did it for 3 years, but I imagine that after longer self preservation starts to kick in.

Is it easier to be rude and abrupt to one passenger who is nice or receive abuse from the next miserable SOB that you can't help however much you try? Now I know some of you will whine "but thats their job" blah blah blah. BS it is nobodies job to put up with a society which in the last decade has become increasingly obnoxious when things go wrong. Sadly all suffer.

That and there are some Wagon Dragon's who should have given up years ago.

If you don't agree ask yourself this, do you always do your job absolutely perfectly or sometimes, when you've gone 11 months since that last holiday, do you pick the route of least attrition?

Sorry for the rant but these threads p me off something rotten Name any large company and I will find you 500 people who love them and 500 who loathe them easily. for the loathsome, sorry those who loathe to then demonise part of that company to get it out their system is self indulgent in the extreme....... you didn't like it when I said society is becoming obnoxious did you?

fills wine glass again