PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2011, 16:10
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The silence is deafening
Why? Because at FL370 I couldn't jump onto the internet to reply in your timeframe?

When you insult people with very little to back up your assumptions, you make a fool of yourself
You have a self proclaimed feeling of "entitlement" for the CX job because GA is "too hard" - but not that you've even tried. So where are my "assumptions" false about you? Does that make you selfish? Yes. You have not offered but ONE piece of logical evidence to defend the CEP that you so eagerly wish to join, not know any real facts. Does that make you naive? Yes. You take advice or opinions only from one side of the debate, ignoring the other side and making baseless accusations. Does that make you ignorant? Yes. Assumptions you say? No.

(I never called you a "douchebag", but since you used the word to describe yourself, I'll "assume" it to be extremely accurate).

Voice: I have the EXACT HKPLA document in my hand now. My apologies for calling it the "contract". You are right, and I take back that term "contract". But, that does not negate what is written on it and the fact that I was sent it from CX HR along with the offer of employment. PM me if you wish & I'll provide you with the names and email addresses as well as contact numbers from the precise document.

You're really pulling at straws to try to differ CPI with rental costs. I suppose GDP has little to do with living standards or interest rates on consumer confidence?? The HKPLA is completely and undeniably linked to the HK rental market fluctuations in so far as it is stagnant and not reflective of any changes. As it is, that is a fact. To "assume" CX are your friend and will raise the HKPL because they are just great guys in your eyes is laughable. There's a best seller exposing the CX corporate culture & methods of how they treat the pilot body - read it. You want to bank on CX's management's good will to just give the pilots more money. Good luck with that bet.

Yes, I insinuate that because under the terms of the contract CX have zero incentive to ever offer an increase in the HKPLA. You seem to want to bank on their well established good nature I suppose? Too funny.... Unsecured financial gambles - hang on? Wasn't that Lehman Bros and a little GFC we had recently? How did that thinking work out in the long run???

BTW, the arrival of the HKPA and forgivable loan had nothing to do with CC.
Who said it did? I didn't. I clearly stated it was from the RDO where the AOA were fighting for the HK Nationals to be on the same T's&C's as the majority of the pilot body by way of housing and rental assistance. Instead CX used it against the pilot body. Yeah...great guys.

Nope, all salaries increased recently.
And the last salary increase before that one was when? When you were still considering why you need to know algebra! And it took the threat of CC to make it happen....and then like I said, CX turned around and threw AHK in your faces.

My
very hypothetical inflation rate
you say? I think I was very kind to use a flat 5%!! When the highs go upwards of 22% and the lows of around 3 - 3.5% then I think a 5% basic average is if anything damn kind to use over a 42 year period. I offered you to use another rate with your own more accurate career path time lines. You haven't. Prove me wrong.

Who on earth budgets over what they are going to receive over the course of a 42-year career?
Any intelligent person that does not consider their long term future and result at the end of the career they are entrusting a company to, that's who. To not have a gaugeable idea or consideration, like your new pal "whatever" and co., reeks of stupidity and ignorance.

For you to deny that entry level standards have not been despicably lowered is again, laughable. You truly believe that a pilot with thousands of hours of experience, often as Capt in light aircraft, > 5700 kg category turboprops, as well as jet aircraft are of a lower standard to a kid with zero hours, zero experience and zero credentials? Come on. Get a damn reality check. It is obvious why you defend it: you came from the cadet system. Now, nowhere have I EVER said that cadets can not be trained to a suitable standard. Where experience lacks, training must replace it. But what has CX down with the SO training? Recently they've lowered the FFS training from 12 to now only 6 (I believe) training sessions before being released for line ops. Again, CX show their true colours of cost cutting at the expense of standards. The common consensus amongst the many friends I have at CX is that CX is a checking airline, not a training airline. To deny that reputation is to also hold your head in the sand.

your use of the words "despicable", "insulting", "disgusting" and the like. Can I simply ask: why are you so offended?
Because that's how I and many other colleagues view this situation. Not one guy or girl I know at CX believes differently, and there are many who vary from senior Base Capts to present day DESO's. The same with colleagues at a range of other airlines - all saddened by the turn CX has taken. I use those words as I believe they are apt to describe the type of person who demands out of a sense of "entitlement" or other to actively promote the lowering of the industry as a whole, and not just CX. I and the many friends and colleagues worked and studied harder than these ignorant children can ever fathom. They decide hard work is not for them and so seek the alternative that only detracts from a once proud industry, let alone airline. But what's worse, they do so all the while without a care for what it is they are doing despite being told. Yes, those words are very deliberate and very apt. You think people who actively yet naively seek to crap on all you worked for for so many years deserves a better title?

You did not live off 2 min noodles, take it in turns to maintain the control column with your knees so keep your hands warm, drive for weeks on end to be told day in, day out no jobs were on offer, fly into the freezing layer just to maintain above LSALT for fear of losing your job if you didn't or couldn't because you needed those hours, fly in 48 deg heat 8+ sectors a day..., and so on, and so on....just for the privilege of a CX DESO interview. You don't "get it" and so you defend those like you who's hardest task in aviation has been the CX cadetship.

No Voice, we're not all mercenaries. Few if any pilots ever wanted to fly for the money. But to actively pursue a course that detracts from the industry, your (hopeful) colleagues and promotes the lowering of it shows zero integrity.