PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Phelan 's latest
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2011, 11:47
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not quite right Paul,
there is an excuse for missing them. (we can all see that finding them denigrates casa's case)

I still find it very hard to believe that our system permits a guy/gal to recieve this treatment despite the court system not only failing to win, but more importantly dropping charges due to an unwinnable case! To find that the AAT can uphold CASA's decision just muddles my mind.

Trust me, I have been through our court system, both as primary witness, and as the one charged. I have no complaints with how I was treated in either case. But looking at this AAT thing, it seems to me they have more power than the courts, with a lower evidence requirement. To me it should be higher, as my read of the act says that the AAT has more power than the courts.

Lets assume that John DID fly a wingover. Was it within the manufacturers limitations? Was it an avoidance manouver? Evidence suggests that it was.
Sorry John, as much as I beleive that you have been wronged, the more i look at it the more I see failures in our system, coupled with the fact I doubt you got the best representation.

Every day I read about cases like this, and the more I want to leave our lovely land. The ONLY thing that holds me here is my parents.
Didn't the roman empire fail because it became too smart for its own good?

Jas