PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2011 onwards) part 3.
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2011, 11:46
CharlieVictorSierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRT...I am by NO means 'reaping what others sowed'! At 21, I am currently on a twin piston and weaning my way onto a King Air in Botswana, following the natural progression! I will say that I am 'lucky' as it were...not for lack of hard work and effort as well.

What I am saying is it is not that easy out there to follow a natural progression...what you are referring to is the perfect world! And Im sorry SRT but I do not see that as a credible solution at all! More responsibility should be placed on operators hiring these guys surely?? Maybe they should change their point of view and start hiring pilots based on capabilities!!!! That seems a lot more likely to happen before pilots 'unite'. In my opinion, they are more to blame by lowering their standards for the obvious reasons (profit maximisation) Thus, if a pilot is not accepted purely on a 60 grand rating, then future pilots will realise and not waste their money. Do you not think that is a more realistic answer to this problem? Why is it solely the naughty boys and girls who buy these ratings that should get the wooden stick by yourself and others? And we must stick together right?

Everyone refers to these guys as starry eyed when there is definately a lack of judgement spurred on by pressures and misinformation. The operators do not need to hire these guys...maybe there in lies the greed and the problem