PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Sentenced
Thread: Pilot Sentenced
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2011, 10:28
ExSp33db1rd

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
The breath test at the boarding gate wouldn't have stopped the bottle in the briefcase being taken into the toilet before top-of-descent ( and no, my lips are sealed and of course I have no proof) but I guess the TSA would now ensure that only 100 mls. of the stuff would be carried aboard anyway !

It is rumoured, and alleged, that a certain airline from a country known for its' fine wines allowed some of its' products as part of the crew meal ? ( we are talking Rumours as well as News, aren't we ? )

Bombay was a 'Dry State' but alcohol was rationed officially to registered alchoholics, and on a 5 day forced alcohol free slip, it was not occasionally unknown for crew members to register as such. Getting off the aircraft one day a crew were passed such a certificate with some beer allowance still remaining, which, the departing crew suggested, would alleviate their coming forced teetotal misery.

At the hotel they practised forging the applicants signature shown on the document, and him who best copied it was sent forthwith to the Customs store to purchase the remaining beer allowance,whereupon the Guardian of the Beer said .... funny, Captain XXXX left for Hong Kong this morning, now if you want some beer, just pay me an extra 5 rupees a bottle ( this was some years ago you understand ) and you can have what you want without the need for any certificate.

Problem solved.