PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Phelan 's latest
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2011, 09:33
jandsquadrio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the welcome.

Yes I do know RF. I was on the board of directors with him at the local Aeroclub. We go back a long way in the farming industry also. He is a great bloke.

Why don't I appeal? Well it's like this.....the appeal will probably take 8 to 12 months and if I win CASA could appeal and then another 5 - 12 months after that if I win it will most likely go back to the the AAT for another go and another up to 12 months. Costs can be awarded for each appeal in either direction but only for the appeal itself and never for the full cost. So in 3 years time when I am 53 - who is going to want to employ a pilot who has 7 or so working years left in him and hasn't flown at all for 6 years. Not to mention the cost. I have lost all confidence in the Australian justice system. The judge's assistant at the hearing in the AAT was once a colleague of one of CASA's expert witnesses. We tried to have him removed but the judge refused. The video footage said it had been modified but the judge still accepted it. The whole system stinks.