PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew
Thread: BA Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2011, 09:28
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to fly for BA and in those days thought the airline especially the CC were the best in the world (mid 80's-1991) A couple of years ago I was positioning back from a long duty tour (seven weeks) flying around the world with some very demanding pax. Tired and looking forward to getting home I boarded a BA flight at Miami for LHR, pleased to be flying with BA and starting to relax properly.

The aircraft routed up the eastern seaboard of the States and I was enjoying the view of so many palces I have vistited in America when a hostess poked me on the shoulder and said "Oi darling close that window blind" I told her I would close it when I was ready, she then broke into a rant about waking me to make me close it later. I complained to the purser, 4 witnesses backed me up and then I complained formally to BA.

I have heard nothing since, I now only travel BA in desperation and as far as possible we no longer position crews by BA, that woman has cost BA about 120 business class seats and 200 World Traveller seats per year.