PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2011 onwards) part 3.
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2011, 09:17
CharlieVictorSierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Affirm...thats the problem! To get every pilot in this world to stick together is pathetically impossible...and even if that happened, all it takes is one toss to break the chain and we will all start scrambling like little mice! Unfortunately there will always be people willing to step on your head and drown you for your job...its human nature. So just to confirm, you dont have any credible, realistic solution then?

Just a quick thought...how could this be any worse than getting an instructors rating straight out of comm school? Surely this is a rating too and WORSE! Nobody ever creates a stink about that and its widely encouraged!!! You have 200 hour guys who, in my opinion, should never be teaching anybody how to fly until they can fly themselves! Add to that the fact that there is very little use of twin pistons for commercial ops these days (from what I can see) So, all things being equal...where to then...and if you are telling me that somebody now looses points for saying she went straight onto a B200, then I hang my head in shame!! Thats sad in itself...I hope it was the tone with which she said it that lost her the job!

Maybe we should just let it pan out and soon everybody will have turbine ratings and we will all be on level playing fields again...then itll be jet ratings that spill blood