PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2011 onwards) part 3.
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2011, 08:56
lilflyboy262...2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teenage love? You mean that awkward fumbling in the backseat of your mothers car? Why not go straight for the good stuff!!!

Back on topic. The problem now SRT is that the flight schools have picked up on this and is a way to make a quick buck.
"Here is our CPL course, it just contains the bare cpl package, you wont get a job on this, but here is our CPL + A320 rating and it will open doors for you all around the world!!!"

The young star eyed pilots who dream of a life in the airlines with air hostesses hanging off each arm as they strut into hotels around the world just fork over the cash.
They don't see it as shooting their other colleagues or themselves in the foot, they see it as the right path as that is what is painted for them.
Much like how it used to be that the only way you will get hours is instructing.

@ CVS, simple solution to your friends issue, is to go and apply at a company that operates her type of aircraft and has progression into bigger and better aircraft.
Its how they used to do it, and its how I'm doing it.
I've got 45yrs of flying ahead of me, whats the hurry to get up the pointy end of a jet and press the autopilot button.