PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2011 onwards) part 3.
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2011, 06:56
CharlieVictorSierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So then guys...lets have some solutions to the problem because you make it out to be the pilots fault solely but, in my experiences, its also the operators who ask for the ratings?! Its pointless debating who started this trend but it seems that most are following it! Its impossible to stop it IMHO and you are looking for the perfect world...unfortunately money is power. Its a fact as much as I hate it like you guys do. So to my original point, do you fight this trend at the detriment to yourself or do you work with it?! What are the solutions?!

Lets be realistic here. And remember think about it from a young unemployed guys perspective who took out a loan for his Comm, busted his arse for three years while working nights at a bar and finally got his Comm only to realise guess what...you need a rating be it instructors or type! He doesnt know where it started or why...alll he knows is he needs a job! How can you get it...do you honestly think he cares about the bigger picture! Can you REALLY blame him?

I understand what you are saying but I am saying now what guys...are you suggesting that all pilots must stop this? Are you suggesting this is the sole problem for the rot! Well in an ideal world that would be the solution obviously, but thats never gonna happen...look at CX! Perfect example...