PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2011, 06:30
tjef2808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heli-Hire

Hi Savoia,

In 1983/84 HH had the two Jet Rangers G-BBUY & G-BBCA. "CA" was always on low skids and "UY" on Pop-Outs. I have a picture of "UY" in its splendid Orange & White scheme which I can put on here.

The "Spy Who Loved Me" 206 was G-BAML by the way and filmed in Sardinia by the ill-fated G-AWAP. G-BAZN was also used on occasions - Somerton Rayner I believe!

With regards to the Paravision rig, I only saw it used for for the Tradex in 1977 and presumably went back to Film Flight days.

It resembled someone on a parachute so maybe was used for filming parachutists in the air.

Some of the things we did in those days would have been frowned upon and highly illegal now!

I have to say that Heli-Hire/Heli-Maintenance gave me the best grounding that an engineer could have in my apprenticeship and would like to take this opportunity to thank the late John Crewdson, Gill Aldham, Nick Phillips, Dave Hitchin and laterly Richard von Isenburg for 8 fantastic years.

Also will put on some pics of the Air Log 212 which was operated just prior to the G-KATE WG30 era.

Finally, I wonder why was N152AL flying on an "Experimental" Airworthiness certificate when it crashed?

Oh, and the reasonably young chap was probably Howard Mersey who I followed to Aeromega where I worked for 11 years until 2000. Howard is now in Flight Ops at the CAA and I am a QM in a 145 Maint organisation looking after a variety of airlines across europe.

Last edited by tjef2808; 10th Nov 2011 at 10:32.