PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2011 onwards) part 3.
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2011, 05:37
CharlieVictorSierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4Runner...some pretty harsh words.

I think you living in the good old days. You know like our grandfathers would say...'When I was young...!' Blah blah blah get over yourself, your perfect ideals and pull your head out of the 80's. I wouldnt go bashing guys who pay for their own ratings considering you know nothing about personal circumstances. You sound like a jealous little girl calling people losers...grow up!

Am I saying I totally agree with the principle of paying for your ratings...no. But things are different now! There are sometimes no other options especially in an economy such as this. (Ever heard of supply and demand and a recession) Its all about being more marketable than the next guy. And NO it doesnt make you a lousy pilot, that is the most ridiculous generalisation ive ever heard.

So Mr. Clever, if they are cutting their own throats then tell me this. My friend has 3000 hours, mostly twin piston with a SA ATPL and a Grade II instructors rating. Any hope of her getting a job rests on getting turbine time of which she has to pay for a rating because without that rating she wont get the job on turbines to get turbine time. See the vicious cycle. So I ask you...what should she do? Oh yes of course...she is a REAL pilot now right and when she pays for her rating to try move up then she becomes a lousy selfish self mutilator?! (This isnt the only person I know BTW)

Maybe word your posts so you actually get your point across because Ive heard this argument 100 times and I know where you going where you probably have valid points...if youve been around the block then maybe offer advice to aspiring job hunters to actually help them refrain from cutting their own throats.