PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2011, 22:44
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
A great point, CONF.

With the FBW systems, there are usually "gains" that depend upon dynamic pressure, and I would prefer as a pilot to still have something I could count on. So in the dinosaur FBW I flew we had "standby gains" when the air data went south. Two values - one gear down, one gear up. Sure, if we flying at the speed of stink, the jet was sensitive. Gear down was about the same as normal.

I have yet to see the charts of the 'bus stick commands versus gee or roll rate.

For example, here's mine for roll command:

Now this is just the "command", and the actual control surface deflection could be 2 deg or 25 deg. So non-FBW folks may not completely understand the implementation.

As I understand it, the 'bus "direct" law is just the same as most all planes with 100% hydraulic control wheels/sticks and zero force feedback from the control surfaces. BFD, Been that way for most jets since the 1960's.

I would still like to see some of the control laws on a "block diagram" and I'll try to have one of mine scanned so all can see the inputs to each surface and the commanded movements using the stick.