PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trial lessons without an instructor rating
Old 9th Nov 2011, 22:44
justmaybe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whopity, as it happens I do not believe there is a safety issue. I think the professionals flying trial flying lessons or pleasure flights have an enviable safety record and, by and large, do an excellent job. I do however feel that if the Authority of its own volition seeks to draft legislation in terminology that is largely archaic (reminiscent of that found in the 19th century statutes) then it should provide clear and unequivocal guidance. That apart, it displays an uncanny knack of turning that which should be simple into bizarre complex. Let me give an example. Flying club provinding trial lessons wishes to do pleasure flying. Just look at the process and cost of an AtoA AOC. I am not anti-authority, but i am extremely frustrated with the Authority's readiness to embrace the highly questionable dictats from EASA on the one hand, and its inability to understand and provide workable solutions for GA operations in the sphere alluded to. I apologise for this starting to drift from the OP, but it does open a much wider debate than was perhaps intended.