PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - security, restore the balance of power
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2011, 16:58
SouBE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being a relative newcomer in aviation (just 5 years) I still remain surprised that after somewhat rigorous CTC checks etc etc we are still subject to the same security searches (in some cases MORE so) than the SLF. As already pointed out, crew have endless opportunities to get up to no good without the need to have their half full bottle of water removed, or the yogurt they bought for breakfast to be confiscated. I find the inconsistencies of the security staff at a certain ex-BAA airport south of London amazing; what passes as acceptable one day gives ground to thorough bag searches the next. Some clearly accept they are performing a function and do it diligently and courteously...if only it was all like that!

In a 'typical' working day, I can cope with angry or upset passengers, delays, medical emergencies, constant time constraints and pressures, company dictates etc but the one thing that sure as hell puts a dampener on my day is walking through the doors marked 'SECURITY'.

That said, I do love my job and hope I do it to the best of my ability. I just look forward to the day that this is one less burden to endure.