PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - security, restore the balance of power
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2011, 16:12
Poltergeist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shiny, everything you cite is down to the delivery not the legislation. That is being worked on.
My point about 'numpty' is that a large number of people are citing attitude. Attitude is a two way thing and from my part, whatever started it, name calling is counter productive in achieving the goal we all want.

Liquid requirements will go when the govt stops deferring the EU directive btw. Airports that charge for bags in my view should be 'outed' most still provide them free.Again, this is not a legislation but a customer service issue.

As for the broad base of staff, remember that there was a rush to fill positions in the aftermath of 9/11 but recruitment standards are now a targeted area. It is not perfect today nor will it be tomorrow but the point is there is much being done.

What the review is proposing in the UK is that the legislation will state a requirement and the airport will work out how best to implement it. As I said, it is unlikely to change screening as we know it for a long time but I suspect airports will be more attentive to 'customer' needs as it can no longer hide behind the regulator causing the problem.

I do not want to hijack (probably the wrong term ) your thread as it is clearly something you have strong feelings. I just want to give hope that things are being done and at the same time redress some of the incorrect statements made.