PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civilian Pilot to Military Pilot
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2011, 15:42
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too salute your determination...it is an admirable quality and one that will take you far in life.

Another admirable quality is knowing your limitations...I wanted to play centre forward for Man U when I was 10 years old, even though I could not get in my school's first team. Somewhere about 13 or 14, the penny dropped.

OASC have given you a pretty clear message regarding your suitability for aircrew and in pressing on down the civvy route you are exposing yourself to some serious financial risks.

I would never come between somebody and their dream, but please make sure you evaluate your progress in civvy flying training with honesty and no hint of self-delusion (and beware the messages from your flying school...not all are as honest as they should be).

I have worked in a civvy flying school and seen large sums of money spent by people that are never, ever, going to be professional aviators. The outcome is never pretty.

As to your original question (already succinctly dealt with above)...in a word, no.

Good luck...your perserverance deserves success.