PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2011, 11:22
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And 22% inflation?? Seriously?? Which planet were you living on? Show me where you picked that out from.
You asked for it:

Rents up 22 per cent in Hong Kong as confidence returns to Asia* - ECA International

And to think that 10 secs of googling "hong kong rental property increase 2010" was difficult? Ooops!! I should've mentioned "TOO HARD" or I feel a sense of "ENTITLEMENT" to not need to serve facts as part of a discussion or debate??!

You owe me and those following this forum an apology - as I did you when you have corrected me in the past.

Voice, read and try to appreciate what was written. I openly mentioned to AMEND and CORRECT any data that was incorrect, especially the time lines as well as CPI figures!! Reduce those CPI figures from 5% if you wish, but once again, minimal "research" (google that word too...) shows me not far off it the mark at all: Inflation to Eclipse Hong Kong's Salary Increases in 2012 | CFO innovation ASIA

So, use my figures taken from the ACTUAL CEP contract offered me. If they have changed then say so and amend them where needed: by your figures, they have not. Change the duration periods!! Reduce inflation to 3%!!!! See what end figure you come out with!!!!! The HKPLA figures are not incorrect, as you attest to, but I freely and openly admitted that the time lines are very general - so stop trying to pick a fight about a moot point when I said the same from the beginning.

The iCadets will not receive a "PAY" increase between now and 42 years? Who the hell ever said anything of the like?? Of course the "salary" side will go up periodically (once every 10 or so years seems to be the going average from the last hoopla and CC debacle - ooops! And they came back with AHK not even 2 weeks after the agreement! You showed them!!) The CEP HKPLA is not by means of the contract terms & conditions slated to CPI. That is a fact you cannot deny. So I can truthfully and correctly argue that to budget for an increase in the CPI HKPLA is not viable. Only a fool would budget on what is not a contractual obligation. Like the same pilots budgeting on their allowances for mortgage payments - stupid.

YOUR remuneration increased because YOU are a HK National. As written before, because of the RDO and pressure to bring your package in line with the rest of the expat pilot group, CX used it against the pilot body instead. Give a little here (HK Nationals) but take so very, very, very much from everywhere else. They played you all for absolute suckers and must be wetting their million dollar beds at those commending the CEP terms and conditions!

Tell all the facts mate, not just the ones that are hidden behind your own train set. You claim it is a great offer because you came from the original HK National cadetship - something that low life Capt RH even wrote earlier in the year in one of his insulting and condescending updates how the CX cadetship is designed to sponsor and support the local HK national community. See one of my previous posts where it is quoted. Odd what they (he) says it is for but stranger still what they do with it.... How is his bank balance going as a result??

Go and amend my figures with more accurate time lines that I know and accept you can provide and use whatever CPI figures you want relative to the HK rental market and come back with the results. Make it transparent, as I did so it is open to debate. Even if the figure I came up with is doubled by your figures, it's nothing but a damn insult from what the package should be, for ALL CX pilots no matter which nationality.

No one has argued on this forum about wishing to have been "born earlier" to have been on A-Scale. B-Scale did not nor did the HK National cadetship accept or create lower standards due to it's selectivity & relatively small intake (although others will vehemently argue that point - not for me to say or buy into). What you cannot deny is that this CEP by the terms & conditions it offers has borne a new breed of disgracefully low standards whereas before CX represented nothing but the highest of standards. Go back and compare CX wannabe threads from pre iCadet days to now just for glimpse of the pathetic standards.

"whatever" will just do "whatever" anyone tells him or he thinks justifies his sense of "entitlement". There's a guy you want to depend on as an ally and colleague!!! whatever, you jump on anyone's back that serves to spank you the sweetest, without care for research of your own. And yeah, I am straight forward without the pleasantries regarding guys like you who crap on all that I and so many others worked & studied for for so many years..... because of your sense of "entitlement". I don't have to see or meet the snake to know what creates the hissing sound.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 9th Nov 2011 at 13:16.