PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 9th Nov 2011, 01:21
Worrals in the wilds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you approve.
Cart elevator, I don't think the issue has gone away. I mix with a lot of people who aren't aviation based and like Wunwing I have found that particularly since the grounding, many people are interested and (I find, anyway) a bit suss about AJ and QF management. Last week I ended up boring an entire dinner party about it for two courses because they wouldn't change the subject, however hard I tried.

It would be very unsual for an issue to dominate news headlines for more than a few days. Apart from political crap you usually only see that level of coverage when there's an accident causing a massive loss of Australian lives or a big overseas weather disaster with lots of piccies. Even foreign airline crashes usually only get a couple of days coverage unless there were a lot of Aussies on board.

As for the IR stuff, I think that's worrying a lot of people who work for wages. Someone needs to paint 'remember what happened to you bastards last time' across the Liberal HQ front door. However, who needs the Libs when you can get shafted by the ALP? Damned if you're red, damned if you're blue, not going green whatever happens, and even bloody Katter's looking comparatively appealing.

Anyway, I hope you're wrong WRT our IR future but unfortunately I'm not too sure you are...

Last edited by Worrals in the wilds; 9th Nov 2011 at 03:27.