Thread: Pilot Sentenced
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2011, 00:49
TacomaSailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALL research says grounded27 is incorrect

grounded27:

A recently published article in a professional health journal says:

"Our findings indicate that the motor component of information processing recovers during declining BACs, but it appears that the cognitive effects of the drug linger well after motor performance is back to drug-free levels," said Schweizer. The reduction in motor impairment as BACs decrease could create the illusion of complete sobriety and prompt the undertaking of activities requiring cognitive processes that are still greatly impaired....

The mismatch between motor and cognitive recovery … creates special hazards that may have implications for accident risks. A drinker who is about to drive a vehicle immediately after recovering from a drinking episode may be more dangerous than while actively drinking because they mistakenly assume they're okay."

The problem presented by your attitude “If a seasoned drinker does this he would be just as sharp as could be asked for despite his BAC. We follow a general scale to comply with public expectations.“ is the major problem that must be overcome to diminish the risk of alcohol induced transportation accidents.

The “experienced” drinker has only learned to hide his symptoms but every piece of research ever done shows that the motor and later the cognitive impairment is still present - long after the “experienced” drinker is positive he is 100% sober.

I am no prude and am a very “experienced” drinker who has been told more than once by their physician to lighten up on the alcohol. I do enjoy more than one drink and will always have more than one – EXCEPT – when I am driving my bus. It is then a minimum of 12 hours if I’ve had 2 drinks and 18 if I’ve had more.

That blood test at 6 AM signon might trip me up the night after some fun – my 2nd career is then over.