PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Regulatory Reform Program will drift along forever
Old 8th Nov 2011, 23:19
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creampuff,

Thanks for the update (if you can realistically call it that). Certainly makes for a good laugh, and I need a good laugh right now! I am surprised that the Skull didn't use the word 'intent'?
Regardless, it is the same rhetoric rolled out every so often, as has been done previously by around 6 former Director's/Ministers etc. When you don't hold people 'accountable' for their actions (or lack of action) that is when you get the same old statements dragged out of the closet every so often, re-dressed in a nice new lining and put out to the short-memory of the community, as something 'productive'. My guess is the fact that Mr Skull is bleating on about reg reform, again, would be because the Senate are sniffing around this issue and asking questions, and the Minister, CASA Board and CASA executives are trying a pre-emptive strike to deflect any adverse or in their eyes 'unwanted' attention.

Personally, I am planning on hosting a '25 Year Reform Party' in less than 18 months, when the clock ticks over to the quarter of a century mark since they started working on reform! I am confident we will make it to 25 years. Infact, one of my kids was born, finished uni and had 2 children in the space of the past 25 years, not to mention my fond memories of flying 727 passenger services around this fine country of ours.
Actually, as a legacy to my children, I am going to include in my will a clause that when I finally peg out and leave this world, my children carry on the fight to make sure the regulatory reform program is completed within their life time.
What can I say but, 'regulation by postulation'.