PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The New BA Advert: To Fly. To Serve
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2011, 22:43
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Sorry, VintageKrug but BA have lost it. It is clear that they have lost the plot to deliver their passengers a good service because they have appointed someone with the title:

customer experience champion
  1. The board ask the CEO to devise the level of service
  2. The CEO co-odinates the given managers in each area that handle customers (from first to last AND those the passenger never meets)
  3. The board approve the service and the costs.
  4. The CEO implements it and each department knows their bit of it.
When you appoint a C.E.C. it means that you cannot manage all of those people in the line and so an overall person is being appointed. NOT another line manager but someone with a nebulous title that embraces waay too much and so cannot hope to actually deal with. Whilst the intention is to unify services, actually, this person lands up telling lots of departments what to do without having their own department. That NEVER produces good results. It's the same problem the United States has - they are too big to be one country in the modern world but they are clinging to the idea of Mr President. So more and more interim Commissioners and Tzars get appointed and? Nothing changes.

Further, you say that this person is the 'new' C.E.C. which means they have already tried this route and it hasn't worked.

I might well be wrong about all of the above but I would bet that I'm right overall - and I'm not a betting man.

VK
The focus on putting the customer at the heart of the operation is noble; as with any large organisation, there's a way to go to ensure everyone's expectation is met or exceeded - that would be a tall order especially at a time when costs are rising inexorably and people's expectations about service are inverse to their willingness to pay to experience such service.
Indeed but BA had got it all correct following the privatisation. This fall from good service is very new.

Sorry, but BA are now too big and too old and too to heavy. Which is a pity as they are dashed fine airline - most of the time.