PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA AND THE IMCR - NEWS
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2011, 17:15
GeeWhizz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers guys, it was something I've been pondering over for a few weeks but with the sensitivity of IR vs IMCR/EIR I didn't want to upset anyone. Took a deep breath and cringed before reading your replies in fact!

To be honest it'll be at least another year before I fly anything that has a service ceiling above 13-14000ft without thinking about cruising at FL140. That said, I'm beginning to see the usefulness of the EIR if it would be possible to fly through or cross the low-alt airways flying an East/West track in DTY or TNT areas for example. Perhaps a solid cloud base base of 3-4000ft on a day when 'ginners' VMC on top at 6-8000ft would be more useful? It would only take 20-30nm max in a straight line, and hopefully my 'spamcan' wouldn't cause any problems with the AT ships.

As for filing a FPL, I like to think I'm a dab hand with ERCs, AFPEX and FPL addressing. Its astonishing how many PPLs I hear having trouble with AFPEX FPLs to hop across the Channel because they are trying to put VRPs in the route field rather than as RMK in F18. OK OK a bright spark will turn up here shortly to spout something about the full FPL not being visible to all. Which is true for Centre and Information agencies as their electronic flight strip system automatically displays the route with essential details. The full FPL has to be requested by exception which is also available. The full plan is also read by Dep, Dest, Altns, and Originator by default too.

IO540, I'll definitely investigate FPP and Rocketroute see how they compare. Although in case of cerebral flatulence I have contacts at Brussels as a last resort (also 'IFPS route changes accepted' in F18 usually works if the FPL can't be auto ACK'd and goes manual)

Thanks again!

Last edited by GeeWhizz; 8th Nov 2011 at 18:12. Reason: usual rubbish typos, extra info, blar blar blar!