PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The New BA Advert: To Fly. To Serve
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2011, 12:18
VintageKrug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ad works for me; I've seen it at home, in the office, at the gym, in the cinema and in a TV shop!

A few people did noticeably stop and paid attention to it; so it must be doing something right.

The linked press campaign is similarly engaging.

The focus on putting the customer at the heart of the operation is noble; as with any large organisation, there's a way to go to ensure everyone's expectation is met or exceeded - that would be a tall order especially at a time when costs are rising inexorably and people's expectations about service are inverse to their willingness to pay to experience such service.

But BA has backed this up with £5billion - yes you read correctly - £5billion of investment and that, coupled with Frank van der Post as the new customer experience champion means that positive changes, unencumbered by the dinosaurs of the past, will make their way to customers faster than has been the case in the past, and that continual improvement is the order of the day.

The ad still makes the hairs on the back of the neck tingle, and I think it plays to BA's strengths as well as aspirations in a way other airlines simply could not, and therefore it is the right ad for BA.