PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Exodus
Thread: QANTAS Exodus
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2011, 08:14
breakfastburrito

Location: On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone is zero
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resign or LWOP? Is there really a difference? I suspect EK will dangle the command carrot on condition of a resignation letter so it is really a moot point.

I suspect even those that go on LWOP realise that it is a one way trip. The reality is that to make financial sense EK probably requires a minimum of 10 to 12 years. Taking the EK option also knocks out any possibility of the MOU because the ghost slots will be filled on a first in first serve basis. Missing an MOU now put you down the back of the queue.

So therefore, the choices are relatively simple. MOU, stay and take your chances or join any of the fast expanding carriers in the Asia/ME. Experienced Captains have the additional option of contract work for types in demand.

As has been pointed out, a certain demographic (30~45) can't afford to waste more time on something that may or may not happen for a "legacy lepper" in the Qantas group. This core will move on quickly to try to recover their career. In reality, most of that experience is likely to leave the QF group, and unlikely to return for the foreseeable future.