PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA AND THE IMCR - NEWS
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2011, 08:13
Timothy

Sub Judice Angel Lovegod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allow at-least an EIR to accept STARs and IAPs when they can do so whilst remaining VMC, that way when they really need to make an IAP, there's a fighting chance they'll remember how to do it!
What IAP applicable skills would be honed by flying SIDs and STARs which are not honed by flying airways (including climbs and descents in and out of CA)?

I am writing an article as we speak (actually, writing this posting is just another procrastination tactic not to get back to it) about zero-zero landings.

I was taught (by one example) how to do a zero-zero landing in June 1986. I needed to do one in April 2008, 22 years later. I did so quite effectively.

The requirement to do a zero-zero landing by an experienced IR who has got caught out cannot be much different from the requirement for an EIR to fly an instrument approach, or SRA, to, say, 800' because he has got caught out. (let's not think that an EIR has got so caught out that the weather has gone from above the MSA to below minima, that's daft.)