PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2011, 06:13
Harlok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you guys need a reality check. what makes an airline pilot a profession so different from others? why do you feel you are entitled to a "lifestyle" when most fo the rest of the world isnt?!? Now, do you guys ever read the news or something?
I probably have more education than most of you and I have been working my ass off for longer than all of you have even though I make less and I find myself lucky i have a decent house (yes you can have a decent house in HK with less than HKD 10k rent a month, Ive been here for 10 years I know) and a good job (yes, a job paying less than HKD 50-60k a month is indeed a very good job) and i dont go around ranting about younger (or older, for that matter) people that manage to find better opportunities than i have and have had. Actually more often than not I end up feeling bad when i hear from friends and family back in my home country having lost their job or having to settle for far less than what i have because of the economic downturn.
And if you think that you are so speshul because you are entrusted with the lives of hundreds of ppl every time you go to work, you arent more speshul than a ground mechanic or engineer or a firefighter for that matter. A badly screwed bolt and a faulty electric circuit can crash a plane. Why should feel entitled to earn more than them!?? Be grateful for what you have folks because it's much much much more than what most people that are probably more brilliant, talented, educated and hard working but less lucky than you make. And in any case it will only get worse, if you read the news you'll know.
Reading your posts it feels like CX planes might fall off the sky any minute because of incompetent new hires. I keep looking up in the sky but I havent seen it happening so far, so the training that they are given mustn't be that horribly inadequate, after all. Oh. BTW...maybe there's a reason why they arent allowed to take off and land an airliner before they have seen how it's done for years... uhmm...