PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Real or PS: croc vs AS350
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2011, 22:54
newfieboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John,

A few years ago in the mid of winter,I was doing the night shift change at a drill in a 350. On the way back to camp we saw a lone wolf trotting down a frozen river. The Geo onboard was a young cute girl from Toronto,who had never seen a wolf in the wild.I normally leave the wildlife well alone, but she wanted some photos, so I pulled it into a hover at about 10ft and 50 metres from said wolf. Well the old boy was having none of that and decided to see us off. He ran at us, jumped up and grabbed the skid, and wasn't going to let go....after about 2 minutes of trying to persaude him, we gently lowered him to the ground.He let go,looked at us in an amazing way, turned around and trotted off,not before a final turnaround stop and stare at us like he was in awe.....I always wonder the story he told Mrs Wolf and the kids when he got home. Amazing experience and the young girl got quite a few pics she hadn't bargained for. Will email her see if she can send me the pics to post. Anyways,cut a long story short, I suppose that could be a real pic if a wolf ain't too bothered, would think a croc might not care either..........