PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Military Planning for Iranian Strike?
Old 7th Nov 2011, 22:27
AnglianAV8R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Over simplification. The islamic world is very divided, particularly between the nations on opposite sides of the Persian/Arabian Gulf. Saudi Arabia and friends are ruled by a different sect to the bunch from which the Iranians hale. Then there is the rumour of Israeli military aircraft seen landing at a Saudi airbase... Pre-positioning supplies? Add to that, the reports of Saudi authorities agreeing to Israeli aircraft transiting their airspace enroute to Iranian targets. Unholy alliance? No, not when Iran is agitating opponents of the regime and threatening the dynasty and certainly no more unholy that the UK and USA jumping into bed with komrad Stalin.
Sadly, it's probably a matter of when? rather than if? Sod all to do with us, but I expect more decent British lives will be wasted in yet another pointless war. Good for business though, for some.

Last edited by AnglianAV8R; 7th Nov 2011 at 22:28. Reason: Finger slipped, I promise you I'm sober