PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C90 fried at mb
Thread: C90 fried at mb
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2011, 22:19
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
What absolute rubbish. These things may happen, it is a Big deal, and with this sort of attitude no wonder standards on the decline. It's simply not acceptable.
I would be interested to hear what you actually think is unaccptable if cooking two engines is simply bad luck?
Starting a turbine should be easier than a piston.
I didn't say it was acceptable. You're misinterpreting me. All I'm saying is that cooking engines can and do happen (even to the most experienced drivers), whilst I don't condone these mistakes from occuring I do find it in poor taste that others here lavish in someone elses expensive mistake because of the organisation that it occured to (just look at who started the thread, a newbie on his/her 2nd post).

I have no affiliations with OAA but it seems that anyone will jump on any mistake that occurs with them. I just think that some incidents that aren't safety related should just be left in-house. I'm sure the instructor didn't set out to cook the engines, hopefully they've learned something from their expensive mistake. There's no need to advertise every c*ck up someone makes if it's probably most likely an individual lesson learned.

** Now that this thread has made the incident public knowledge, I would be more interested to know if it was a trend monitoring system that picked up the overtemp, or whether the instructor fessed upto it upon returning to the lines.

** There's a few helicopters that have had the same treatment as the said C90, but you don't see that being flaunted around here or on the rotorheads section.